View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Well well, I sure missed THIS thread. If it makes you feel better, I have plenty of footage of my incident

Registered for my first HPDE (TrackDaze VIR - Nov 16/17)

Everyone I talked to who is FAR more experienced than I simply said that I'll be better for this. It was true - I hit the track 8-ish months later with a clear head (and better instructor), and had a GREAT time!

Pointless to type more on my feelings - spearfish did a great job summarizing all my thoughts. Get your confidence back, preferably on a track, and go forward.
I agree about being better for it happening. I really believe if your not spinning out or losing control your not pushing yourself to the limits to know them. Great vid. I watch it about 20 times. I spend alot of time watching all types of video of others to try to see different ways of enter turns, braking, and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
In general: When you no-longer feel anxiety about the possibility of something bad happening when you push man and machine to the limit, you have crossed from confidence to stupidity. A little anxiety is healthy. It's called self-preservation.
I like that.