Thread: Vacation
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Well we've had the new 370 for 11 weeks now. We also have ran up 2600 miles (1500 of that has been this past week on Vacation) since April 5th. This morning at Mt Rushmore we return to the car to find a nice deep door ding behind the drivers door. Now mind you that the Z was parked on the end of a row and also on the outside white line. There was enough room to open the biggest door on the biggest SUV and not be afraid of getting hit. But some jerk found a way to ruin our vacation. I just can not believe people and their inability to drive or PARK a car. *%*%*%*%&*^&%*
You have my condolences; I know exactly how you feel.

During my vacation last year (about this same time); I went to Washington D.C. for most of the week and was headed home on July 3rd…I had a ’08 San Marino Blue Roadster at the time.

As part of my trip home, I took Skyline Drive and stopped for lunch at one of the few areas where you can stop for lunch (the park service operates a “snack bar, gasoline station, etc.). Even though the parking lot was far from crowded, I parked WELL away from the actual buildings…anybody parking close would have to be going out of their way to do so.

Anyway…I went in for lunch and was probably there less than a half-hour. When I came back out there was some mid-‘80’s Ford Aerostar Van parked besides me to my passenger side (I was parked front-first into the space)…I don’t know why but I immediately was suspicious; I suppose it was because the parking lat was still very uncrowned and there was simply no “good” reason for anyone to park that close to me.

Since I was suspicious, I checked my passenger side and as you can probably guess, there was a BIG door ding in my door…to say I was livid simply doesn’t describe how mad I was.

I’m generally fairly easy-going and had someone parked beside me because there weren’t other spaces…dinged my door accidentally…I could understand that but for someone to go well out of their way to do that - I frankly can’t understand that level of stupidity/hatred/jealously or whatever it was operating in them that made them do that.

There was no way for me to know for sure who the van belonged to so I didn’t even have anyone to take my rage out on which was probably a good thing. The only thing I could think to do was to let the air out of two of his tires...I felt better after I did that.

Lucky for me, my favorite body shop was able to pull out the dent without breaking the paint so the repair cost me less then $200 (I don’t remember the exact amount).

That's one experience I hope I don't have on this vacation (which starts for me in precisely 4 hours and 55 minutes).