View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #372 (permalink)
KaienZ34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34 Tour/Sport
KaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
fyi...if you leave the fender well covers in there, the vent has absolutely 0 aerodynamic effect...it will only alleviate pressure if its directly open to the tire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
Ya, im gonna have my installer cut a slit in the fender well to allow air to pass through
Quote:
What's a slit gonna do?
Quote:
Slit/vent, cut a section of the inner fender wall to let air pass through, sound better?
Quote:
It would sound better except a slit won't do anything because its not enough to evacuate the pressure...you'd need to tear off half your fender well...and even if you did that, you'd never know the difference because you don't track the car...but you knew that
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumby View Post
lol WTF is up with that litle slit? WTF is that ging to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toner123 View Post
IDK I am just as lost as you. Can't see it doing anything since it is a little slit
Quote:
Geez, I should have said make a huge opening to allow air to pass through. Sry for any confustion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdudaka View Post
Would it make any sense(or is it possible) to port the engine bay into the fender area so the vents could be functional to help reduce under hood temps? I am assuming the air flow past the vents would create a vaccuum that could pull air out of th engine bay the comes through the radiator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1369 View Post
If you look at the first pictures that doesn't look possible, there is a large structural, or at least big piece or "frame" that runs right through there

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about earlier in this thread. Cars that have fenders like this, don't use them for cooling brakes or engine.

KaienZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote