View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Long time no see everyone!

First, great news. I got married (nope, not the good part) and after several months we're finally pregnant. We found out last week she's having twins!

So anyways, I know lots of guys here have probably had the exact experience I'm having, and I need some advice.

She's only 8 weeks along and she's already "cut me off". I can't touch her (or vice versa) or she starts dry-heaving like she's gonna puke. For the most part, I can't even ask her stressful questions like "Do you want to go back to work after the babies are born?" or "Which room would you like to be the nursery?" or she starts throwing up and going crazy.

She's not talking to me much. Can't really get much out of her. I know she's young (25) and stressed out, but she's wanted kids for years (we've been together almost 8 years, married about 7 months). We're more than fine, financially, even if she never goes back to work the rest of her life. I'm not real certain why she's acting so weird.

I know she's having twins, and from what I read...it can be rough. Double hormones (each baby has it's own sac/placenta), etc. etc. But is this normal? I thought most women don't go into "turtle mode" until 8 months or so. I know I can handle doing all the cooking, cleaning, working, taking care of our dogs, bringing her a glass of water, etc for a few weeks at the end...but I'm not sure I can handle 7 more months of this.

Any advice? Try to get her to ask for some medication from her doctor? Maybe this is just normal for 1st trimester? Suck it up and let her stay in this weird mood until the babies are born? HALP!

P.S. Really glad I traded in the Z now....no room for 2 carseats!
Are you that guy from the TV commercial? You know, the guy who stretches his 370 into a Maxima?

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote