View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
who the hell drives the same car for 240K miles (yah, i know some folks do)

i sell my cars at 30K. hardly a bargain buying KN.
I do. I drive my DD until it falls apart to the point that fixing it costs more than getting rid of it. Why not? It's just a DD.

As to the K&N Air Filter, I am neutral on it. I threw on in my DD to get the LAST little bit of mileage possible out of it, but as far as I can tell it didn't do much to help. If it did, it was very limited. (i.e. amount of ethanol at the "up to 10%" pump that day matters more). http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htm

That said, when I sprayed my MAF sensor with MAF cleaner, that did actually help, either that or new plug-wires, although my other wires OHMed out just fine.

K&N's let more dirt through, so I am not a fan of them on "cars I care about". Just when I am trying to sqeak a 1/2mpg more out of my DD.

My little G20's exhaust did sound a bit "deeper" when I added the K&N.

My Z06 will keep the OEM filter in place.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 03-10-2011 at 07:29 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote