View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #554 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr6 View Post
Someone needs to explain the benefits to me for this replacement bellypan.
(that's what it's called)
The current bellypan is thick plastic with a crease allowing you to partially unscrew it and pull open securing it with a bungee cord to drain the oil and access the filter. If you install this piece you will now have to remove the entire bellypan each time you perform your oil change. You adding weight and I'll bet that there isn't that much of a difference in protection or wind deflection.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks
Some of the question have been answered. But it helps with cooling and not having to remove the the undershroud everytime for oil changes via the trap door. It's still pretty light from what I hear. But no big deal. Especially after I've already shaved weight from my wheels, test pipes, exhaust, and spare tire.