View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #103 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
You didn't read the article, did you?

Let me sum it up then. A professional driver got lap times .09 seconds different between the new M3 and the Mustang GT. The regular MT drivers were actually faster in the mustang than the M3. Is your claim now that a 370Z will beat an M3 around a track? I'm sure we can dig up a lot of same track stats that will prove that to be very inaccurate. The 'stang's power simply outweighs the 370Z's handling on anything other than an autoX track. Afterall, performance is a combination of both power and handling and the new stang is loaded with both. Your pricing is bogus as well. A base GT with the brembo package is under $32,000 retail and can be had for less than $30k. The price you are quoting is a fully loaded luxury package. You top out the 370Z with it's upscale options and they are amazingly similar in price.

I would think the most reliable person to ask would be someone who is passionate/knowledgeable about both and has owned both, someone like m4a1mustang (who I mentioned before). If you don't believe it, you can ask him yourself.

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 03-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote