View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
I'm in NJ and the roads here are also awful and it's a chore to commute even on the highway leaving enough space in between myself and the car in front of me so I can see any potholes coming. But that's the piece of crap climate and lazy public works fault, not the car. Also, if I had the $$ I'd spend some money on a used beater for a DD.

I just don't see the comparison between a Z and a Mustang though. For me the Z is the perfect sport car design. Small-ish, light, short wheel-base, relatively high reving 6 speed with remarkable handling and great OEM equipment (sport model). Unless you really work the suspensions the mustangs will really only be for cruising and straight line fun (the lower end models, not GT500).
While you're certainly right that the lousy roads are not the car's fault, they are where my car has "live" and it sure detracts from the fun of driving the Z when there is a harsh boom every 10 yards as you drive over every disjointed road seam. Maybe when I replace the stock tires, the new ones will make a difference.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote