View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
BLM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Silver M6 sport
BLM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Fifty-fifty here. Z's an excellent value and has beautiful styling and exclusivity but the lousy condition of the roads around here emphasize her harsh ride and road noise, This take's much of the joy out of driving her. Also the thin, delicate paint on this not inexpensive car angers me. For those reasons, it's a close call. I might go with the new Mustang instead.
I'm in NJ and the roads here are also awful and it's a chore to commute even on the highway leaving enough space in between myself and the car in front of me so I can see any potholes coming. But that's the piece of crap climate and lazy public works fault, not the car. Also, if I had the $$ I'd spend some money on a used beater for a DD.

I just don't see the comparison between a Z and a Mustang though. For me the Z is the perfect sport car design. Small-ish, light, short wheel-base, relatively high reving 6 speed with remarkable handling and great OEM equipment (sport model). Unless you really work the suspensions the mustangs will really only be for cruising and straight line fun (the lower end models, not GT500).