View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
i'm no gear head so heres a couple of questions....
how do the drive trains compare.. meaning the z's 7AT to the camaro's AT. is it a 7 speed or what. and what about the z's 6mt with the sync.what does the camaro offer and the clutch in each. just wondering........

i do know the camaro is everywhere now, at our local dealership i swear they have 15 lined up next to each other.
On the camaro I know mostly about the auto. It has a tremec 6speed auto with cheesy plastic buttons behind the steering wheel they call paddle shifters. It redlines somewhere around 6200-6500rpm. When you shift the paddles you cannot choose your own gear as freely as a nissan 7at like in my infinit or your 370's. In other words, if you don't shift the camaro by around 4400-4600rpm. The car will shift for you. That's the down side. The upside it has a potent azz pedal and when you floor it that 400lbs of torque throws you back like a bucking bronco. Something you can't get from a G or Z. That's why I rent them occassionally. I need the torque fix... lol
As far as I heard. The manual in the chevy is supposed to be top notch. Also built by tremec, I hear it shifts smooth and the clutch is not too heavy but not light. No car has SRM on the manual except the Z. Not even another nissan or infiniti. Nissan autos have DRM and is found in very few other brand trannies. I believe bimmer has drm in the 6at. Not sure about the rest of the car brands.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote