Thread: MPG on 370z??
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by failingboy View Post
In case the obsessive tracking of mileage isn't enough to tip you off, yes I stringently adhered to the proper breakin procedure documented in the manual. Granted, I never got terrible mileage in the first place.

Those numbers are all based on my calculations, although the car's reading has always been within 0.5mpg at the very most.
I was just curious as to why we have such disparate observed initial values. I drove my Z practically off the truck. Had 4 miles on it when I drove it home. During the first several weeks, driving it as suggested in the manual, it had me at 16 mpg. After breakin, my mileage increased by 4mpg. I haven't obsessively tracked mine, so I'm wondering now if the ECU was wrong initially or if we were driving it just that differently.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote