Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #168 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Got some test driving in on the swaybars. Very impressed so far, could easily be one of the best bang for the $$ (and installation difficulty) upgrades I've done yet (although it's hard to beat the HFCs in that regard I guess).

Car is much more predictable and flat under acceleration in corners (not that it was that unpredictable to begin with). With the current medium setting in the rear and an otherwise stock suspension/tire setup, the car seems to have slightly shifted in favor of oversteer if anything, but not by much. I'll be able to tell better after a few more trips. One particular corner that I often fly through has an abrupt change in pavement grade (as in angle) between two lanes I swoop through, which when driving at my usual comfort limit causes the car to "skip" a little, which is somewhat unsettling. At the same speed with the new sways, the tires stayed planted all the way through it, which was really pleasing.

Again, very happy with the results for the money and time invested, and definitely worth the weight tradeoff too (these are heavier than stock).