View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #116 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Your saying your new stang handles better then your old Z??
I'm not saying it's better, but it's very close. Obviously the cars feel very different but both seem to get around corners just as quickly as the other. From my experience the Mustang has a better balance. It rotates freely but requires a different driving style. The Z has more of an "on rails" feel until you start to lose the front end. It has quite a bit more understeer than the Mustang feels neutral with a hint of oversteer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I know one of the suspension developers on the Mustang. He is an active SCCA racer in a Porsche. The Mustangs suspension has come a long way over past couple of years. If the Boss had come out earlier I may have purchased one! They had preproduction Mustangs out on Laguna Seca suspension tuning. Boss has very nice suspension setup with very firm Bilstiens.

Suspect the Boss could whip the 370 Z on a track.

WOuld love to see top gear do Boss Laguna Seca edition review with maybe a 370Z Nismo and a Camaro SS.
It wouldn't even be a contest. The Boss would be significantly quicker than both cars. I think the SS and Nismo could be a close one but the Boss would leave them in the dust. A standard Brembo package 5.0 would be a better comparison.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote