View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #141 (permalink)
Sundown
Base Member

Drives: 09 Corvette
Sundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
Wow you mean to tell me you are actually putting weight on it already? I see you got the darth booth as anyone who's broken an ankle/leg knows. When I broke mine it was 6wks no weight bearing after the surgery. Although I think since your leg is pretty much screwed back on, you can stand on it, it's just not advised since the bone is still broken. What type of fracture was yours? Mine was trimalleolar.
Luckily, mine wasn't the ankle at all. A trimalleolar is a break involving 3 of the supporting ankle bone (2 tibial heads, and the fibular head). That's a nasty, nasty break that takes forever to head right. Mine is actually a comminuted fracture of the tibia and fibular about 3" above the ankle. The orthopod ran a titanium rod from the knee end of the tibia, through the marrow, and anchored it into the ankle end of the tibia with screws and nails. Therefore, it's like I have a semi-titanium bone now, so I can actually support a little weight on it. I move like an old grand-pa, though. Anyone got a pair of tennis balls for my walker?
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote