View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
1Sweet Z
Base Member

Drives: 11 GM 370Z A7 Spt/Nv
1Sweet Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb03 View Post
I haven't ever been to ontario so I don't know what kind of summers you have. Most recommend an oil cooler for track days or if live in a climate the hits triple digit temps. Mountain terrains because of the elevation changes put heavy load (most of them are curvy and may inspire more spirited driving) will get the oil temp up. Most of all it seems to be driver characteristics. If you drive it hard keep the revs up you will see more heat in the oil and would justify the cost of an oil cooler. I bought mine in Nov. so I haven't had in warmer weather to see how it does personally. We I live I have seen it break 100 for over a month. But so far even at 70 it don't break 200 of the drive to work. I don't really beat on. My friend set the cruise at 90 for a hour in a used one and said the temp did climb to 220 on a 50-60 degree day.
We will peak out at 100 a couple days in the summer. The humidity levels are typcially higher in the summer, but the air temp will stay between 85 - 95 most days. Ontario has a little bit of elevation, but nothing over 1500 ft I'd say. So I won't really have to worry about it that much.

I will break the car in to 2000k, change the oil and go from there. If I am noticing the oil temp climb on a continual basis I will install one.