View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
i lived thru the 70"s and to call the mustang,camaro,charger of today muscle cars is just wrong imo. back then they were compact cars with big block v8 stuck in them.. there were roadrunners and gto's and other's that would blow their doors off..
Today, you don't need big blocks to pump out the power. Compact cars? Not quite but much smaller than say a '70 Buick Electra by comparison. Today they are mid, if not, full size cars compared to a Honda Fit.

I love my '76. It's loud, the tranny whines, the ride is somewhat harsh and the seating is not comfortable for long hauls. However, parts are readily available and not that expensive and I can tune it with a screwdriver, wrench and my hearing/touching. And, it gets as many looks as my Z roadster.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote