View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
If all you want is Hp, then you should be buying a Mustang or Camaro, no question. Heck, you can get 500Hp in a sedan these days, that will kill a Z from the lights. But, there's a lot more to a car than Hp. I love my Z because it's NOT a muscle car, and because there are few of them on the road - I do not like having what the "joneses" have. Call me a snob, but the Z is for drivers with refined and multidimensional preferences, sure we like to accelerate fast on occassion, but it's more about steering, connection, precision, corner to corner poise at the limit on the canyons. And I can appreciate an upscale interior and modern (not retro) design, it looks appropriate at the office, at the kid's school, etc, getting in/out wearing a business suite. My old Camaro SS was absolutley incredible performance for the money, with some chassis and suspension mods, but it did not offer near the same connection and poise on challenging roads - and I as long as I owned it, I always felt (and looked) like a kid who never grew up, fancy suite or not. It's a matter of style and image, and muscle cars don't do it for me (the GTR is frankly questionable in regard to style, but probably makes up for it with performance).
I agree that the Z is nice and more up-scale than the mustang or camaro, but most owners I see are young people (under 25) and don't fit well with the suite/tie image unless they are the salesman selling the car. You sound more like a BMW or Porsche customer with your talk of "refined and multidimensional" and "appropriate at the office and wearing a business suite". 370Z evokes the image of the younger military and college guys that inhabit my town. This poll seems to corroborate that.

http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...poll-38-a.html

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-17-2011 at 09:46 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote