View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #212 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachu View Post
Buyers beware,

I get this VPP discount through my employment.
The problem is, most dealers tend to up the invoice price by around $1000 to cover the 2.87% discount provided by the program. Second, the discount only applies to the car itself and none of the options or destination charges. Also, once you mention this program, the dealership pretty much ends the negotiations with you, and will only offer the their incorrectly calculated VPP price. They will use some excuse like this is the lowest price, we can't even buy it at that price. When I purchased my Z, I actually got a much better price WITHOUT the VPP pricing(around $1500 less).

Real VPP pricing is around $100 or so under invoice. It does account for all the factory options. It does not include dealer added items. Transportation is a fixed, non discounted number. Sounds like your dealing with a dishonest dealer that did not show you the VPP calculation which is figured by Nissan after VIN input and revealed in a very exact worksheet calculated off Nissan's records of price not the dealers.
$1500 off your "Fake" VPP may be possible, $1500 off real VPP would mean the dealer is Paying you to buy the car. I doubt that was the case..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!