View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #88 (permalink)
BrianMSmith
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, Ducati 748S
BrianMSmith will become famous soon enoughBrianMSmith will become famous soon enough

Touring package is worth it, dresses up the car well. You won't be dissapointed with the interior and overall quality, fit, finish, and engineering compared to the Bim and P cars. This Z is a quality bit of engineering.

The handling is very good, definatley a front engined car feel, similar to the Z4, it likes to be on the power for max turning rate - by the apex for good balance, very little understeer, but it is madly tail happy - luckily the electronic controls keep you out of trouble but frankly I'm afraid to drive it on the roads with the nanny system off.

The 370Z is not very fast from a power standpoint, that's not really what the car is about. But on real roads with challenging and varying/bumpy corners, it strings the bends together with great poise, ease, and it's devastatingly fast - as in "25mph" posted roads in the canyons/mtns can be driven at 60mph with confidence. Comparing it to my Ducati 748 superbike, which is a world championship winning, hard core sport bike, the Z is in the same league as a sporting tool. It makes an average driver/rider go and feel like a hero.

On a day out in the North Cascades I was running circles around a gaggle of Ferrari's on a club day out. Not a one of them dared run their garage queen at half the speed I was doing rather comfortably (although the wife was getting queasy).
BrianMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote