View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute
Default cold start/push start

soooo....anyone ever experience this?

basically we have tandem parking in front of my garage. butttt last night i got home a little late (happy hour...heh) and ended up having to park outside. lately we've had this "freezing cold" 35 degree temps at night. anyway...its 8am this morning and since im blocking the other cars from leaving, i have to get out of bed to move the Z.

well i go start it up and the auto start is just cranking. half asleep i realize its been cranking for a good 5-10 seconds and let off the clutch. odd...so i shut off the ignition and start it up again...it cranks for another 5-10 seconds without starting! what the hell? i try it one more time, and no start. im cold and fed up at this point, so i just let go of the ebrake, let the car roll back and pop the clutch and give it some gas, and it starts right up. i really didnt think id have to "push start" the damn car this early into ownership!

with that said...has anyone had this happen to them? those in the colder states? should i bring this to the dealer if it continues to happen?
chops is offline   Reply With Quote