View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Silhouette
Base Member

Drives: BMW 330xi
Silhouette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
Chips easily, bird poo eats through the clearcoat, sometimes the clear coat just seems to be "missing" and the base coat cracks (see the "waxed my car today" under exterior section)

Myself, I had two chips in the hood and I hadn't even driven it where rocks would be a problem. I noticed it when I was washing the bugs off at a spray-n-wash (the high-pressure jet distorts on anything that isn't paint, I use that to blast off bird poo, bugs, whatever...)

The dealer stepped up and took care of the chips - I can't see where they were after 5 minutes of looking for them - I've not driven the car since (waiting for the paint to fully cure, then I'll have it professionally detailed since I'd probably screw it up if I tried using a claybar)...

I'm debating on spending the money for a clearbra (which in my case with the chips, it wouldn't have mattered) or just dealing with it.

That being said, the car is freakishly awesome.
Yikes, really? Is it as bad as Subaru paint? Subaru has ridiculously bad paint.

I'm really in the market to pick up a Z, but have also had my eye on an Evo IX, New Evo X, new STi, or 135i.

One of my favorite hobbies is auto detailing, but if the paint isn't worth keeping up, that's going to bother me. Comparison/thoughts on paint, anyone?
Silhouette is offline   Reply With Quote