View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.m. Brian View Post
I completely agree with your points on selling a street car as a NISMO when it is not.

These are not street cars, these are racecars racing in a professional series. You will find nothing different with the "M3's", "Mustangs", "Camero's" etc. that we are racing against. As much as Grand Am Continental Challenge is showroom stock racing, you still need to make multiple makes compete evenly against each other, they all need to run reliably, and that all takes different mods for each car. There are homologation sheets available online to show exactly what is different on the racecars that race in Grand Am as opposed to the car you buy off the showroom floor.

The Nissan NISMO 370Z is the car that our race car is modeled after, not a base model Z. Just like the BMW M3 Grand Am racecar is based off the M3, not the 328, or whatever the base BMW equivelent is.
Like I said I see things different. Just because you put a nismo front and rear bumper on it, I don't think its right to call it a nismo. People on here spent that extra cash for that name and that name should be reserved to them since they paid for it. I havent paid for that name now regardless mine handles better and is faster I will never use the word nismo unless it is in a comparison. I look forward to your results and hope you kick some *** because none the less you are still reping the Z34 for us and I am greatful for that.
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote