View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

I don't know maybe I see things different then everyone else. I open the door to insult when I get done saying what i am about to say. Regardless if there changing everything that makes a base different then a nismo it is still not a nismo. Vin number alone says that. How would you feel if I sold a car to you saying it is a nismo when really it is a base because I changes the suspension and the body pieces. I am going to bet you would be pissed at me. So let me ask this my engine is more powerful then base nismo I got KW suspension and some new sway bars, can i start telling everyone I own a nismo and be respected for it? I bet not I would be the laughing stock of the forum more then what i already am. If there changing all this stuff there car isn't even a nismo if it really was then, it is like Phal said a 370Z. The nismo name is just being used for marketing so now a bunch of kids can run around saying that Nismo is the best, no z compares to a nizmo, when in fact that info could be debated. Just because they put a NISMO front and rear bumper on there doesn't give the right for someone to say there car is one. True Nismo will have the tag with the manufacture number.

Edit: I am not saying what there doing isn't cool because it sure as hell is. There doing a great job from the pics I seen and hope they do well in the race, but I want them to call it for what it is not some BS marketing act. If thats the case they should have spent the money on the real NISMO and not on some base models and advertising it to be one. Kind of like the replica body kits all you guys got upset about.

Last edited by toner123; 02-07-2011 at 04:42 PM.
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote