View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.m. Brian View Post
We need to specifically homologate the NISMO Z so we can use the aerodynamic body work. Obviously Nissan wants the top brand of the Z represented, which again is why we are building the cars as NISMO Z's. If we started with NISMO Z's of the lot they would look exactly like they do now .
Makes sense! Nismo bodywork might just work a little better than stock pieces at track speeds too. You guys are building what the "NISMO" version of these cars should have been, doing seam welds, special suspension pieces, engine work beyond simple tune and a sport exhaust. etc. Cant wait to see what you do with brakes and venting. I'm hoping parts for dual street/track use comes of this effort!

Can you guys do much to motors in Grand Am? I know some guys who worked on development of Grand Am Boxsters and 350Z's and seamed to remember decent level of engine work allowed. I have to look at that series again to see rules and cars. Its really a more pure form of production car racing in my opinion.

I keep on meaning to stop by as I drive by your shop every day on my commute from Bonny Doon to San Jose.

Keep up the great work. Very exciting to see the 370Z being developed into competitive race cars.

Last edited by Shamu; 02-07-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote