View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
Do a search and you'll see some discussion on this. From what I've read, Idon't think the 370z has it, though.

I also haven't read about people complaining how bad the paint is on the Z, is it really that bad?
Chips easily, bird poo eats through the clearcoat, sometimes the clear coat just seems to be "missing" and the base coat cracks (see the "waxed my car today" under exterior section)

Myself, I had two chips in the hood and I hadn't even driven it where rocks would be a problem. I noticed it when I was washing the bugs off at a spray-n-wash (the high-pressure jet distorts on anything that isn't paint, I use that to blast off bird poo, bugs, whatever...)

The dealer stepped up and took care of the chips - I can't see where they were after 5 minutes of looking for them - I've not driven the car since (waiting for the paint to fully cure, then I'll have it professionally detailed since I'd probably screw it up if I tried using a claybar)...

I'm debating on spending the money for a clearbra (which in my case with the chips, it wouldn't have mattered) or just dealing with it.

That being said, the car is freakishly awesome.

Last edited by kannibul; 06-17-2009 at 09:16 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote