View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
mengel
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
mengel is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice on stereo build....

With a tax return coming I am finally upgrading my 370Z base "crap" sound system. I am putting a list of things I am thinking about getting and I am not an expert and need your HELP. Some of the components I like other things people in audio business said they were good. Please let me know what you think of what I want to get and let me know if I am missing something or a better product. I trust you guys so much more than brick and mortar car stereo guys. I don't care what brand but I dont want to spend crazy $. I want good crisp sound with natural sounding base. I dont need to win a car stereo competition but I want rock to sound like rock and if I play some rap music I want to hear the base. I am 37 and have not had to think about this stuff for about 15 years and time have changed any help would be great.

Head Unit
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT 6.1-Inch In-Dash Double-Din Navigation A/V Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth and Widescreen Display.

Speakers
Boston Acoustics SR60 - Car speaker - 85 Watt - 2-way - component

Sub
Kenwood 10 Shallow sub

Sub Enclosure
Wicked C.A.S.*::*Magic Boxes*::*Nissan*::*Nissan - 370Z Magic Box

AMP
Kenwood eXcelon XR-4S Reference Fit 4-Channel Vehicle Amplifier

Thanks....