View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #120 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenorino View Post
Gnarf: Another victim of great marketing. I don't know what they drive in Jersey but the brokers and doctors who drive the GT3's around in LA I doubt ever see the track. Oh, and do you really think all the buyers of the Nismo will fork over $40k for a car they will only pull out to take to the track?? Dude, you're on drugs. The majority of people buy Ferraris and Porsche to be seen in them on Freeways and race stoplight to stoplight, not to abuse in front of a few gearheads on a track.
Are you seriously going to start flaming on a 370Z forum when you're driving an overglorified convertible?

The NISMO is meant to be a high performance street car; yet it can be easily tracked... just an oil cooler, maybe a better diff (lol VLSDs suck for any kind of driving, better get that clutch type!).

Plus that majority are the people that really just don't "enjoy" cars. You can never feel the true potential of a car by street racing, which is horrible and irresponsible in the first place, regardless of your driving skill or how empty the road is.

Also remember that Ferrari's, Porsche's, those European sports cars are made for luxury speed; remember the driving rules in Europe are much different; they can go pretty damn fast all over the place too. When you take a stock Ferrari, more than likely it's not a capable track car at all; all that weight added on from the luxury, etc. Think the standard F430 compared to the F430 Scuderia. Huge difference.

That being said, the NISMO is not truly a pure track car, but it can handle the track a lot better than any stock 370Z could, regardless of trim or options. If I had bought a NISMO 350Z (in Red, at the Evanston Autobarn Nissan in Chicago, 30,500?), I'd likely drive that thing on the street a vast majority of the time. Yet since I know it's a NISMO, it's fully capable of a good track run. So I'd probably take it out once in a while.

And hell, you don't know the income of the forum members? Some people here have just too many cars in my opinion... and as far as I'm concerned, they could be crashing them into brick walls for fun. (but that's only because I'm jealous <AHEMfrostAHEM>)

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote