View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

I think it should be noted that Nissan is not selling the Nismo 370Z front end without a VIN from a Nismo 370Z. I ran into this issue when I hit a ladder (nothing I could do) that scratched the hell out of my front and had it replaced. I tried without success to get the Nismo aero parts, but the parts guy at the dealership ordered the S-Tune aero parts. After he realized they weren't what I wanted, he couldn't order the Nismo parts without a VIN. I'm currently working another angle on this.

HOWEVER, believe that most here would agree that the Nismo kit is clean AND more important Nissan claims that their design adds downforce without increasing drag. That is why I think it is safe to assume that starting with a *similar* design and making it widely available would satisfly your design requirements. I'm sure someone here could photoshop an image of the Nismo front end that incorporates some of the design considerations put forth by the community (ie canards and added ducts for oil cooler).

Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote