View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
miguez
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '04 Cavalier
miguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond repute

John, keep in mind that the corner wings you see on some of the images displayed on this thread are critical for downforce, but they are generally bolted on, so you could produce a bumper to sell en masse without the wings, then a V2 version of the bumper as mentioned with the wings bolted on. The same approach could be used for the front splitter, perhaps have two options, a more tuned down version for the street folk, and a more agressive one for the track. I am not sure if the splitter itself could be bolted on as an option (just like how I mentioned it for the corner wings), but if so, that would make it easy.

You'd have one basic bumper where the front openings would not change, then you'd have the splitter as two different options, and the corner wings as additional options. If it's possible, this would give you a more marketable product, I think.

By the way, I just PMed you.
miguez is offline   Reply With Quote