View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i see... you can replace the pedals and get wider ones to match your foot print (literally ). i dont have issues with my Z or my Fit but on my G35C i use a tad wider metal pedal on the gas pedal to make it easier to reach.

it's not like you're STUCK with the pedals that came with the car. but i recommend you practice with what you have now and once you're kinda consistent look for other pedals as needed. chances are you'll learn how to twist your foot even with VANS and be able to work it.
I agree with ken re: pedal width. While the Z pedals are fine for toe heel shifting for me, I had aftermarket pedals in my old MINI Cooper and currently in my Mazda3 because the span between gas and brake was too wide. The downside to some of the aftermarket pedals is that it can bring the gas and brake too close together, making it easier to depress them both, such as in an emergency stop.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote