View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #65 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Revell View Post
Great info, Mike. Thanks. Would the Stage 1 SC benefit from VVEL tuning too?
Absolutely. That is shown with the 350Z HR Supercharger kit we did. We made more boost with the same pulley and more power as well (487whp) simply because we are able to tune the exhaust and intake cam phasing to match the supercharger on the HR motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
I was soo set on getting the GTM TT kit but this stg.2 SC + VVEL tuning really has sparked my interest. Of these 2 set-ups, which do you guys think will be more reliable in the long run?
In terms of reliability, the key is proper engineering, proper installation and proper tuning. A properly installed and tuned GTM supercharger kit will be just as reliable as a properly installed and tuned GTM TT kit. We do our best to ensure that our systems are engineered properly and that they perform as advertised. When we do encounter an issue, we get it fixed properly and get you back on the road ASAP.

In terms of which system will be best for you, that depends on personal preference. I personally love turbochargers and was hooked that first time boost came on and set me back in my seat. For some people (like my wife), that scares the living crap out of them and they'd rather have the smooth, linear power delivery of a supercharger. Not to say our supercharger won't set you back in your seat, or that our TT kit isn't smooth. The power delivery is just different, just like fish is fish, some like it cooked and others like it raw.

Also bear in mind that our TT kit is scalable, so if you ever get tired of 500+whp, you can always get more.
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote