View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #101 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

worked on installing the 230mm springs today. finally got it right. although this was frustrating, i'm glad i did it myself b/c now i know how to do this. The ride is pretty much the same as with the 210mm springs except there is no noise at all. i fixed it so there is enough preload and the ride height is the same as it was before. When i initially put the springs in and adjusted the spring perches to what i thought would compensate for the addional spring length, my car had like 2 inches of wheel gap. but now all i can say is Mission accomplished.

looking back i think i could have done it in an hour were it not for the trial and error required to get the ride height correct.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1(3).JPG (427.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2(4).JPG (369.2 KB, 147 views)
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote