View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #140 (permalink)
Carbon_z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Carbon Fiber 370z
Carbon_z is a splendid one to beholdCarbon_z is a splendid one to beholdCarbon_z is a splendid one to beholdCarbon_z is a splendid one to beholdCarbon_z is a splendid one to beholdCarbon_z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoracer View Post
You can find a brand new nismo anytime anywhere? Granted if you want to travel or ship it I suppose you could. Where I'm at there are only 3. And you must have the luck of the irish to have good shops all over the place, with professional people that will take care of your car like it was theirs. How much down time is that anyways for all those mods... We all know its not a huge difference in greatness over a regular Z but it is a little better for the stuff you do get, hence the price and yes there probably are other parts that are better than the nismo parts but its a complete package. Not this part from this place and that from that place. Like stated before you can add all the better parts to your base Z and it won't be worth anything. You may have a better handling or faster Z in the end but you will have wasted even more money because the aftermarket parts you did throw on aren't worth a flip when you go to trade or sell. WE NISMO owners KNOW a better faster car can be had and they should have made a bigger difference which I'm sure would have cost even more $$$. But for what it is, with what it comes with...... We didn't over pay for just a body kit. Again is the nismo worth it....YES. Is it for you? That's something else.
thats why you sell the aftermarket parts on the FORSALE section . You at least make 30-70 percent of your original investment back.

also if you were to buy all the parts at the same time, IM definitely positive the company could slide a discount or deal in there for you considering the extent of the products your purchased.

The items I listed I all bolt on and that means BOLT OFF. So at the end of the day, say you spend 10k...you may get back 3-7 grand depending on condition. Lose value by standard depreciation which is less in a Z than a NISMO.

Buy a set of Venaci wheels for 3-4 grand and you can easily get 2500-3000 back. Of course your going to say, why mod the car knowing your going to lose 500 to a grand on the wheels....SAME THING I ASK NISMO OWNERS...why spend 40k and then a year later its down to 30k. Ratio is WAY MORE but I guess the modded Z loses yet again against the monster NISMO.

Full Carbon Fiber Nissan 370z "400zTT" Fully Built 4.0L Twin Turbo 1300hp, 1100whp. Follow me on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/carbonz.
Carbon_z is offline   Reply With Quote