View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #386 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
This morning I left the house around 9AM, a nice 51*F, clear, sunny and still a bit wet from days of rain. Although the road conditions were not perfect for all out driving, it was not bad for spirited mountain fun either. In all my life the drive I took has never been totally devoid of cars and bicyclists, until today. After twenty minutes I met another car, who knew what he was doing. He pulled off after 5 minutes and left the coastal then country road wide open.

When I arrived at my destination, a bakery 45 minutes from home, in a town of 200, far from the beaten path, I ordered 5 loaves of bread as they came from the oven. Hopped in the car and raced home. Except for the Volvo which needed passing, the handful of cars I encountered used the first pull out they found.

What a great drive home too, the smell of freshly baked bread, coupled with my new Hotchkis sways made for a great first day off. The last time I made this drive in a spirited way I went into limp mode. With the oil cooler I never hit 220* albeit 8* cooler ambient temp.

I'm giving blood at 4PM just for grins later, so I've got another drive yet today.
That sounds like a perfect day. BTW: The Hotchkis sways made one of the biggest differences of my modfications.

My Z is clean and covered -- sitting in my garage awaiting my return from Minnesota.