View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #105 (permalink)
wolf370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z red m6
wolf370z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Count 1 here. I looked at both, decided neither offered what I wanted.

The mustang GT is direct competition for the Z except that some of them have back-seats. Other than that, they both pull near 1G on the skidpad, the mustang GT is a lot faster, and the 370Z has a more stylish interior. Kindof a wash and depends on what you look for in a car, but they are in the same price-range and do the same things.
So you're not looking to get a 370z at all? In all seriousness, I'm curious why you're on here? I mean it's fine and nice to have more knowledgeable people on the forum (based on your pasts posts) but what brings ya here?

I am going to contest your claim that the '11 GT is a direct competitor. First, of all the '11 Mustang GT is NOT a sports car, the 370z is. In fact, there is no reason why these two cars would even be cross-shopped unless you're looking at a particular price range for cars that boast performance. If you're looking for a sports car you're not looking at a Mustang. If you're looking at a muscle car you're not looking at a 370z. Just saying.

However, you're correct. If you're looking for a pure performance vehicle the Mustang GT is significantly faster in just about everything, even for a *gasp* muscle car is still edges the 370z on a track (on a tighter, more technical course the gap is significantly shorter) due to it's power advantage. Also, despite it being a SRA setup, the Mustang GT actually handles impeccably well and it's a pretty good driver car.

Now, looks wise, you cannot really compare although I will say I've gotten quite a few stares and compliments on how it looks. The problem that you'll find with the Mustang is, unless you've got an exhaust that deafens everyone in a three or four block radius, the car doesn't stand out like the 370z does.

All in all though, performance stats aside, the Mustang GT and 370z, when looked at rationally, a logical deduction concludes that cross-shopping them makes little sense unless you're simply looking for the fastest car under $40k.

Which again, makes me believe, that Nissan won't do anything performance changing for quite a few years to come.