View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Right you are. I could have sworn the 2006's were 16/25, but then, the heavier trans, etc. in the new Z06 would probably suck another mpg out of the equation even if that were the case.

Factor in 10.5qts of oil for the LS7, and it probably closes the gap.

Either way, you are right. The EPA/OPEC is calling the shots and a lot of people (BMW included) ARE! going to FI. FI technology has advanged greatly. I am sure a factory FI VQ would do the job (400bhp), but why would Nissan do that to an old platform? No, if they do that, it will be on a new platform I would think.

I still prefer a V8 to an FI engine. Less junk to break, and it does just as well. Simpler is better if the results are the same. All that complicated stuff is fun to brag about until it sharts the bed and you have to fix it.
I'm a fan of NA over FI, too, for the most part, for the same reason.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote