View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Are we comparing the LS7 here?
Because the GT-R (R35) gets 15/21 and the LS7 gets 15/23 I believe, wow.
16/25
Also, the weight factor is in the XX difference which is very minor considering the GT-R is loaded with extra piping for its TT kit. Throw in some extra money on using lighter material and the VR38 is perfect.
good luck shaving off 200#. The LS7 only weighs 45X# compared to the nearly 650# of the VR38&Turbos

On the topic of the 2012 370z, I expect no real changes. I think Nissan is trying to figure out what to do with the car. Does it want to make the first sub 40k electric sports car? Do they want to go all out, since the GT-R just got a nice power bump it gives room for the Z to have closer to 350-400HP from factory now.
Would be neat if they made a 375bhp or so Z. I don't think it will happen, though. At least, not with the VQ.

The V8 really is where it's at. There are a lot of great engines, but the old cam-in-block V8 continues to be near or on the top of the heap when it comes to power/weight ratio.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 12-20-2010 at 09:37 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote