Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #177 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
There are plenty of worse ways to waste money then on cars. I for one, thing paying a ton of rent every month just to say you don't live at home is a waste of money. my brother is a prime example. he has been so adamant about not living home since he left for college, and he never moved back. meanwhile, he's paying 1900 a month for a small 1 bedroom in manhattan. he has saved less than 15% of what i have saved, living at home, making less money than him, and owning a Z. so no, i can't say i have 'moved out' so i guess i'm not an 'adult.' However, when i do move out, i know for sure i won't be having to come back. where as i don't know what kind of place he is going to buy with his savings. or, maybe i should move out now, and waste money on paying rent every month? or maybe buy a place that i will want to move out of in 3 years and waste 50% of my monthly payment on mortage interest and taxes on a house i dont want, so i can prove to the world that i'm independent. there's PLENTY of people i know that have moved out b/c they are too independent to live at home. then they move back when they are 26 because they have no savings and can't afford to buy anything. so who is more 'independent'? the person who lived at home till they were 24-25 and buys their own place, or the person who lived elsewhere and at 26 can't afford to buy a place because they were too concerned with having their mature independent friends come over to have pretentious, wine and cheese parties and talk about how mature they are.
Definitely of the same opinion as you. Other than when I lived for Japan I never paid rent (no choice in Japan). I am of the feeling that renting is just like throwing your money away which is why (other than when I lived in Japan for a while) I lived with my dad until I saved up enough money to buy a house. I bought my Z shortly after that (just as I turned 25).

If I was driving a shitty car I probably would have gotten the Z first but honestly even with little power the 2006 Subaru impreza 2.5i (non turbo) had enough kick and handled great so I wasn't in a huge hurry to get the Z as that would have delayed me getting the house.

Last edited by houkouonchi; 12-19-2010 at 11:07 AM.