Thread: V8 in 370Z
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
zsport1
Base Member

Drives: 300
zsport1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsmoov View Post
GTR and 370z is apples to oranges--GTR is in a different league @ 75K+ bucks.

Nissan has no offering in the 40k to 50k sports car segment . Nissan has yet to address this segment--base Corvette (430HP), Dodge Challenger SRT-8 (425HP), Camaro Z28 SS (420HP), Ford Shelby GT500 (500HP), etc., etc.

Nissan's VK50VE, which is based on the VQ V6, would fit this segment nicely with 390HP & 369 lb-ft of torque. Price it just below the base Corvette and Nissan will have another awesome machine at an incredible bargain in this price segment.

And 390HP is nowhere near the 485HP of the GTR--so don't give any silly arguments of how a V8 Z car would be a threat to the GTR. Like I said--apples to oranges.

Why a V8? The answer is simple. Purist Sports Car . (No forced induction wizardry, bells & whistles, & techno gizmos to make power). Incidentally, it would be the polar opposite of the GTR.

A purist sports car--N/A V8 Z would embody a purist approach to driving enjoyment combined with an outstanding value in its segment, agressive looks, great handling, and a gorgeous exhaust note.

Nissan! If you build it, we will buy it!
All good points that have been brought up before. And in no way am I saying that a V8 Z Car would threaten the GTR. Would a V8 Z Car be cool? Ya sure. But your not going to see a $40K-$50K Z Car again anytime in the near future. Except maybe the NIMSO 370Z (not the S-Tune) that might be slightly over $40K. The Z has always been a "bang for the buck" sports Car. That's the Z's heritage. I had the opportunity to sit down with the lead designer of the Z Car at the Z Car Convention this year in Cleveland and was told "no V8" in the Z.
Sorry, there will be no V8 Z Car.

Last edited by zsport1; 12-15-2008 at 06:12 PM.
zsport1 is offline   Reply With Quote