View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
red6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Z Coupe M6 SPT
red6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwhitford View Post
Is it recommended to run my 370z at high rpm on a regular basis to keep the engine running its best? If so is it best to do this for short intervals or for extended times? After the engine is warm I get it up to just below redline for a few seconds on on-ramps every once in a while but I was told that I should keep the engine up very high for 5-10 minutes regularly. I have a new 370z and want to make sure I'm doing the right things from the start.

Keep it up high for 5-10 minutes???? Like floored in 6th gear topping out or just sitting in your driveway holding the RPM's up??? I'm a little confused by your questions. Are you trying to break the car in??? If so just drive the car smooth trying to keep the RPM's under 5k ish try not to floor the car but if you do either every once in a while its not gonna mess the car up. Do this for like 1200 miles and you should have nothing to worry about. If your Z is already broken in and your just asking about normal day to day drving you can do whatever you want as long as your not over reving the engine or flooring it in 6th gear doing like 10 mph. Its good to get on it everyonce in a while I mean that is what she was made of.

Last edited by red6spd; 12-18-2010 at 11:02 AM.
red6spd is offline   Reply With Quote