Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #105 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessobear View Post
Well it certainly has enough power to get the back end out, especially in the rain or cold. I was going around an on ramp with the temp around freezing last week and I was able to put the thing sideways in 3rd gear. Summer tires don't like the cold.

It's a car that encourages you to do those kinds of things.
Any kind of car will encourange a highschooler to "do those kinds of things". My G20 with its anemic 4-banger and slushomatic would spin the tires in the rain in a corner if I was so inclined. Yes, I have seen young people (and old) doing just this sort of thing in slow, slush-box cars like my own. Recklessness doesn't care about the dyno of 1/4 mile times, lol

I think either someone will wreck their car, or they won't, and first cars often-times get wrecked. If the family can afford that being a $30K car, props to them.

However, this conversation started because the OP had to wait until they were 26 and could afford to pay for their own Z before they got one. They are upset that some people didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek7633 View Post
Nothing ticks me off more than kids of rich parents, 17 years old, getting brand new cars. I'm 26 and after 6 years at a post secondary institution I bought myself a Z as a grad present to MYSELF because I am graduating without any loans!

Maybe its just darwin's modern way of doing his thing, maybe I am just bitter.
I think the statements highlighted in red sum the issue up very succinctly.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 12-17-2010 at 06:59 AM.