Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:44 AM   #100 (permalink)
Jessobear
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z Tour/Sp M6
Jessobear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
sounds like you got the shaft there...to graduate from a top engineering school 15 years ago put you right at the beginning of the dot com boom. which means you could've easily been making 6 figures within a year or two of moving around (jobs were like candy back then).

Dude, I hope you're not one of those guys who's in college and think that you're going to make bank the second you get your degree. Engineering and the dot com boom have nothing to do with eachother unless you're a network engineer.

I graduated with a mechanical engineering degree in 2000 and got my first job for $43,500. Believe it or not, I was one of the better paid graduates other than a couple guys at the top of the class who got super sweet gigs. Engineering tends to be a really conservative field and they tend to not throw money at people.

As far as giving a 17 year old kid a 370Z, that's just a bad parenting decision. You can't blame the kid. What kid wouldn't want that? To be fair, my first car was a '77 Trans Am (that I bought myself) and my parents let me get that. Being a stupid HS kid, I did everything in my power to try and crash it. I used to go out and purposely spin the car to try and see just how sideways I could drive it.