View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #1152 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
You guys are right and after playing around with the stillen splitter a little bit, I'm confident that it could withstand me standing on it only as long as it had plenty of supports. The material itself is pretty thick so I feel something could be done to improve on the design and make it more functional. This is not a racing splitter though and I dont think anyone was pretending for it to be, HOWEVER, it should do a fine job in cleaning up the air flow around that area. It is going to create some air velocity under the car and provide SOME benefits. Don't misunderstand me, Its not going to take seconds off my amateur track weekends.

Then again, neither is my "wing" and my car has Navigation, AC and power seats. Maybe one day haha

In a few months I'm going to get more serious about taking weight off and adding downforce. For now, enjoying my DD.
Thats fine, nobody's bagging on you. A good street car and a good track car are completely different things. I just didn't agree with the statement that it was functional. I am not saying it was the wrong choice by any means for what you're trying to get out of your car, just that its not a functional splitter out of the box and it should not be advertised as so.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote