View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master_Ly
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport
Master_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
people its all about the braking in period i had the same problems 2k miles ago i live in a city where there's always traffic i take my 370 to work and from every day i had my grinds all the way up to 1500 miles until i broke it in shifting all the time and ive noticed a few things, like to make an error shifting is very easy w/ this tranny u cant push the gears in too much without allowing it to synchronize 1st meaning if ur driving slow u must shift slow and if ur driving fast u may shift fast, if u force w/ ur hand the gear in too much ull grind and if u let go of the clutch too soon wile the gears are synchronizing ull grind, sometimes ull think that the gear is in but its really not its in the middle of synchrony and u let go of the clutch ull grind. All happened to me and all those where driver errors, but after 2k miles on it in every day in traffic it broke in and its much harder to mess a gear up not because i got better but cuz u can feel it broke in, its smoother, easier to go through gears, synchronous twist faster and they get in place faster and easier i can shift my gears around 1.7 k rpm without worrying that my synchronous will take a wile to align the only gear that still gives me trouble is my revere gear its the only one that feels stiff and yes i still grind it once in a wile when i dint pay attention (driver error).
I did my break-in period until 3500 miles. I didn't experience my issue until 11.5K miles.
Master_Ly is offline   Reply With Quote