View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
K20A2_S
Base Member

Drives: 04 RSX
K20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond reputeK20A2_S has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
You can safely assume that any supercharger dyno we perform here is done using a car that has been equipped with an exhaust system. Supercharger's definitely see benefits of opening up the exhaust similar to a turbo however you don't want to use too big of a pipe. On a turbo car you generally see exhaust piping around 3" diameter. This is a little too big on a supercharged application.

For example, we do not recommend running headers on our current supercharger configuration because the decreased backpressure causes the supercharger to drop one pound of boost.
but dropping boost doesn't necessarily mean you're losing power.........going from a stock header to a race header in my supercharged RSX did the exact same thing in dropping boost, but the blower/engine were more efficient with the improved breathing and I gained power........of course I'm sure an I4 and V6 work on diffrent basis of mechanics so everything I just said might be worthless in this case.

I do agree about going to big on the exhaust side, no point in going with an exhaust that's bigger than your header flange imo, b/c the "choke up" or hold up point is the collection of the header(lets suppose 2.5") so going bigger(3") won't reallly "free up" anything...........of course 3" downpipes to 3" exhaust are a diffrent story......
K20A2_S is offline   Reply With Quote