View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #59 (permalink)
MutantChicken
Base Member

Drives: 2004 Ram-2007 Harley
MutantChicken is on a distinguished road

Alright, I finally got to test drive one today. A white ( not that the color matters ), auto, sport model w/o nav. Now just so everyone knows, I've been driving a truck for the last 20 years, I'm currently driving an 04 4X4 Ram. The last car I owned was a 1967 Firebird 400, so it's been a while since I've had a car as my daily driver .... lol. It's not to say that I haven't driven quite a few, I had a great job when I was younger working at a tire store and I was lucky enough to get to most of the delivery jobs, meaning I got to drop off a lot of really nice cars to either our clients or the dealerships, it was pretty cool for a 19 year old ...

But I digress ....

Today I got to drive the 370, the last Z I drove was a 300 ( yes, it's been a few years ) and I must say they have have come a long way. I was a bit disapointed as the car was both an automatic and almost completely out of gas, and the guy letting me drive it let me know that we would not be driving it long enough for that to be a problem. : (

As everyone else has mentioned , the visibilty stinks, but you get used to that pretty quick, I even got used to sitting on the ground pretty quick ( a stange sensation going from a 4X4 to the Z ! ). Quite frankly I don't understand what everyone is complaining about with the road noise .... the mud tires on my truck make more noise ... lol.

The power was a bit hard to gauge, I didn't feel like I was pushing it at all but I went from 0-80 in no time, and I was trying to be good, the salesman was kind of holding on to what ever he could ... the one thing I didn't care for was the transmission. I didn't really have much of a chance to play with it much, and the little I did, it seemed like it didn't want to down shift when I wanted it to, and then it would all of a sudden drop... I'm sure once you've had a chance to use it a bit it works great, but I would rather have a stick, I've been driving one of those for almost 30 years , I think I've got that down pat.

Overall the car was a dream to drive, I just wish I could have driven it a bit longer and taken a few more curves, I only really had one good one, but the car handled it great. I was already sold on the car, but now I know for sure.....

Red, Touring, Sport, Nav.

Gotta have one !

Oh, by the way, it's a good thing I was having trouble with the tranny.... while I was fussing with trying to get it to downshift ( after just having gone a bit too fast...) I had tested the brakes and was trying to get it to go again and could figure out the trans and was just sort of rolling... and there was Mr. Highway Patrol .... guess it's a good thing the dealer didn't have a manual for me to test drive ! : )
MutantChicken is offline   Reply With Quote