Thread: V8 in 370Z
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
playboyz
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 350z at
playboyz is on a distinguished road
Default V8 in 370Z

I fond this info, don't know if I'm the last person to hear about this but I'll just post anyway!!!

Quote:

There have been a couple of new developments since our last report, the most significant of them being a V8 which could end up powering a high performance version of the Z34 which will be identifiable by a “G-nose” modified front bumper reminiscent of the S30 240Z. The G-nose will add even more 240Z flavor to the Z34 making it a kind of “new retro”, a phrase coined by Best Car to describe the mix of old and new influences

Best car interviewed Z34 Chief of Production Shinjiro Yukawa last month and he confirmed that a V8 could see the light of day in a special edition model. Yukawa mentioned he wanted to “raise the performance of the new Z” while also acknowledging the Porsche Cayman S as being the Z34’s primary contender when it hits showrooms in December this year. The Z34 will of course be powered by a VQ37HVR engine from the V36 Skyline Coupe as we mentioned in our last update, only this time power is said to be slightly lower at 340ps but with the same 38.5kg/m torque. That shouldn’t matter though as the Z34 is rumored to weigh up to 100kg less than the Z33 350Z which should give it a useful boost in performance over the current model. A 6-speed manual and 7-speed “manual mode” automatic transmissions are still on the agenda.

playboyz is offline   Reply With Quote