View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #161 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman71 View Post
I have already done the speed sensor and parking brake bypasses based on DIYs I found on the forums here.

The parking brake bypass is permanent. You just ground the wire from the parking brake and you can watch the DVDs while moving, no side effects.

Bypassing the VSS sensor allows you to use all the menu items on the nav system while moving. This one needs a switch because when you bypass the VSS the navigation doesn't work well. The system only polls the GPS every 15 or 20 seconds and fills in the rest of the movement based on the speed sensor. So you switch the VSS bypass, use the nav menu, then switch the bypass off so the nav works well.
100% Correct, I just like a switch so I can return the car to factory position.

As I said, all I'm really doing here is giving people a solution that doesn't require cutting wires. If you are willing to cut wires then you don't need this. The only addition is the backup camera override and again I will post a DIY for anyone interested (Now I know there is already a DIY on NAV and DVD I will probably just search for it and add to it)

Jeff: Sorry for sidetracking this backup camera thread.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote