View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
With goverment regulations and everything about gas mileage coming soon.

and if ford can put a v6 turbo bost in its new f150 trucks and from what i've read it's a kick xss engine that can compete with big v8's.. maybe thats the way nissan will go with the new Z. makes more sense than trying to cram
a v8 and extra weight into the car......just saying...
A turbo setup and the intercooler/extra piping in addition to the V6 would weigh more than a V8 would. What does the current VQ engine weigh? The current 505bhp LS7 weighs in at around 450# from oil-pan to valve-covers. I highly doubt the V6 would be lighter considering that the TT V6 in the GT-R weighs in at roughly 150# more than the LS7.

Nope. A V8 is the way to go unless they are chasing emissions/economy, in which case, I still think a V8 is the way to go.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote