Thread: Its been fun!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoriumHotdog View Post
"The WS6 appealed to highschoolers and gold-diggers."
"I got tired of "pony" cars and want to step up to something world-class. Something I probably won't see other people my age rolling around in and acting a fool with"

+1 for the truth

I'm coming from a little turbo CRX and before that a Prelude. I'm comfortable with no back seats [the Prelude had them but there was ZERO legroom behind me]. I really don't like having a car filled with people anyway. Besides, all my friends have enormous trucks so they can drive. I want to move away from the cheap-but-fast imports that are making the roads insanely dangerous on weekends and really want something RWD. The 370z fits that perfectly.
I REALLY! wish I could have found an Integra/Prelude cheap. I would have bought. It would be a GREAT! DD. I would have left it bone-stock and just enjoyed it for what it was. I hate rice (not that preludes are rice, there are some very nice ones. We had a teggy running 10's around here for a while).

I just wanted to save up and buy something 400+bhp that weighed under 3400# and have some fun. That takes money, and I couldn't save up a nice downpayment CONSTANTLY fixing the WS6. The A/C broke, and I snapped (it was the last straw. It happened near winter, I kept it through winter and got rid of it the summer I graduated--this summer), and the car got gone.

The WS6 familiarized me with RWD and 350 horsepower and a Tremec 6-speed. For that I am VERY happy. Had the car stayed solid, I would have cammed it and been around 400whp, which would be the next stage acclimating me to a "real" sports car. As it is, I am going to jump from 350bhp to 450-550bhp, and I am going to have to drive like a grandma until I figure that all out. Wish the WS6 had stayed solid, but I like the "Oh you are such an upstanding young man!" look that people give me in the G20 vs. the "Oh I bet you drop X and work at burgerking and have sex with 16 year-old girls!" look they gave me in the WS6.

Thorium, most of my friends came from 4-500whp Civic's to domestics. They did it for RWD. The E5 I spoke of earlier had a civic that trapped 126 in the 1/4. It was pretty bad (ET sucked due to traction). He finally ended up in a C6 Z06 with headers. It was by far his favorite of the sports cars he owned (afformentioned civic, 12 second EVO8, 431whp cammed/bolt-on LS2 GTO)

Last edited by ImportConvert; 11-02-2010 at 03:58 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote